Monday, July 11, 2011

This is not good!

OK, so I thought after last Thursdays Chase run (9.5 miles) that the stiffness in my calf was nothing more than a minor annoyance. How wrong could I be? As it turns out I had done more damage than I thought and this became apparent at approximately 8.30 on Sunday morning. Running down to Marquis Drive and after approximately two miles I felt the most excruciating pain in the same part of my leg. I thought I could run through it but it soon became obvious that I couldn't. Ian (my running buddy) had to leave me in order to reach the others at 9 am and I walked home feeling dejected, wondering how serious it could be.
Since then I have felt this is not going to go away in a hurry and therefore I shall turn once again to the bike and just as importantly swimming which I must improve on very quickly now given I have a Triathlon to race at the end of July.
There are only 45 days to go to the C2C and this is not the time to become morose or miserable. I am determined to remain positive and shall modify my training plans accordingly to work around this minor injury until it has gone away in a week or so.
At a time like this attitude is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment